Monday, May 31, 2010

Out with the Old, In with the New

After 22 years, my poor art lamp is on it's last leg. After all it's been through, it doesn't really owe me anything. It's been scratched, dented, repeatedly smacked with my drafting arm, and splattered with paint. It's even been spun into the wall a few times by my cats. It's the standard fluorescent incandescent combo light available in most art supply and drafting catalogs. I shopped around for a replacement that was the same style, but I thought, hey, if I'm gonna spend that much on a lamp, why not look for something with more style. There aren't a lot of choices, but this classic L-1 Lamp from Luxo is quickly rising to the top of the pile. I'm looking at the white one - just like Pixar. That's WAY more fun than my old one, and if it lasts as long, I'll be extremely pleased.

No comments: